Caught up with my friend Pamela this year in the Atomos booth. She was kind enough to give us a complete breakdown of all the benefits and robust features the Atomos Flame HDR monitor is capable of in a video below.
• With a Dynamic range to match that of a 10-bit camera LOG footage, AtomHDR monitors deliver the detail in highlights and shadows usually clipped on traditional monitors.
• A highly advanced field monitor even in non-HDR scenarios with 1500nits brightness for outdoor shooting, native full HD resolution and optional calibration to ensure natural LCD colour drift can be corrected over time.
• Along with recording the high pixel density of 4K, the Ninja and Shogun Flame also record higher resolution 10-bit colour information and more precise yet efficient 4:2:2 colour encoding.
• Recording to Apple ProRes and AVID DNxHR visually lossless edit-ready codecs ensure you capture full individual frames like film, providing more flexibility and creativity in post.
Can be delivered to any standard – never worry about having your footage technically rejected due to the format again.
• Ready for real-word conditions with built-in armour protection, dual battery hot-swappable continuous power system to ensure you always have power and a raft of included accessories including a new fast charger and snap-fast sun hood.
• Our patented hot-swappable dual battery system for continuous power is backed up with the included power accessories (2 x 4-cell batteries, D-Tap adaptor & blazingly fast battery charger)
• An arsenal of creative weapons including focus and exposure tools, 3D Custom Looks, Waveforms(LUMA and RGB) and Vector Scopes ensure you set the shot up perfectly every time.
• XLR audio via breakout cables for Shogun Flame or 3.5mm line level input with audio delay, level adjustment and dedicated audio meters with channel selection for Ninja Flame.
• We support affordable, readily available SSDs from the world’s most trusted media brands.